Ferris State Career Fair
Join Ferris State Career Center Services for employer-based workshops, career fair featuring potential employers, and interviews that can land students an opportunity.
Career & Internship Fair was held in the Wink Arena at Ferris State University.
Tips For Attending The Ferris State Career Fair
+ Polish your resume! Bring extra copies
+ Business cards would be ideal. The Ferris State Copy Center offers reasonable pricing for students
+ Dress to impress! Wear your business suit
+ Don’t go with a group of friends, ride solo – it is more productive!
+ Ask the employer for more information to touch-base. Follow up with employer on LinkedIn! Add me
– take pictures
– write a bit about the company info
– tag the company on twitter
– hashtag pertinent info #marketing #accounting
– post and explore!
Each company that I took a picture of, I would tag the company, write a bit of information and post to my Twitter. This is a great opportunity to extend my network using social media to find a potential employer.
Although, there were many companies who would be beneficial to work for at the Ferris State Career Fair, I decide who to research or interview based on:
(1) location – seeking Metro Detroit
(2) social media standing – how well known on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Vine
(3) skillset – employees trained to the fast-paced environment of technology
(4) benefits & pay – will I be paid for the worth of my work?
I normally reach-out to the company on my own terms, using social media or pushing my resume to the decision-maker.
If you are interested in learning more about job opportunities at Ferris State University, please send a tweet! @missydi